Shared ownership Kent


One, two and three bedroom apartments and houses available through shared ownership

Making a move to the Garden of England is a dream for many, whether it’s a move for the family, the views or the quick commutes. Kent encompasses everything from vast areas of outstanding natural beauty, charming country villages and vibrant micro cities that bring a sense of London living with an abundance of space and a fraction of the cost.

At Moat, we offer a fantastic range of high quality one and two bedroom apartments and two, three and four bedroom houses for sale in Kent. Shared ownership offers first-time buyers in Kent a real opportunity to get onto the property ladder. Also known as part buy, part rent, this scheme offers an affordable alternative to buying a home outright. Full ownership of your property can be achieved through staircasing.

Part Buy Part Rent in Kent

Moat Homes is proud to be showcasing some of the best, most contemporary and high-specification developments on the market. Properties for sale in Ashford and Canterbury tick all the boxes for tranquil family living, with farmers markets, traditional English pubs, not to mention the peaks and troughs of the Kent Downs. If you’re looking a little further afield and prefer the gentle pace of countryside living, Sevenoaks Tonbridge & Malling and Royal Tunbridge Wells are perfectly situated in the leafy green pastures of Kent’s hillsides.

The perfect balance for the busy commuter

With unbeatable transport links to everywhere from London Bridge to Paris, Dartford and Ebbsfleet Garden City are welcoming a new generation of young professionals. Kent is exceptional for the range of living the district offers. Whether you work in the city, or work from home, a move to Kent combines countryside living, community-led towns, quick commutes and convenience. With many regions such as Gravesham, Maidstone and Medway offering direct trains into central London, the commute from picturesque Kent is a smooth ride.

Top 3 Shared Ownership Homes in Kent

Quinton Court, Sevenoaks

With regal Edwardian Estates enveloped in botanical gardens at your doorstep, this charm really sets the tone of Quinton Court's elegant exterior. Just 9 minutes walk to Sevenoaks train station and direct links to London Bridge in under 25 minutes, these 1 bedroom apartments are a sprinkle of luxury in a town brimming with character.

Russet Grove, Marden

Marden is true countryside living with farmers markets, vast orchards and tumbling meadows on your doorstep. Russet Grove's 2 bedroom apartments are a slice of modernity with a charming rural setting. And with the train station in walking distance you can welcome retail therapy and city crunching at London bridge within the hour.

Open the door to owning your own home

Three bedroom homes are now available through shared ownership in Ebbsfleet's Springhead Park. You can find all our homes throughout the county listed here, both upcoming and currently available for shared ownership sale.

Moat is ensuring more first-time buyers are getting themselves onto the property ladder in locations that offer much more than just a low price and a train station. Shared ownership allows you to part buy part rent, allows you to get onto the property ladder with a smaller deposit then what you would do when buying outright. Kent is an unmatched opportunity for first time buyers for its renowned beauty, coastlines and community hubs - find your dream home today!

Shared ownership explained

Buying a Moat shared ownership home means that you own a share of your new home and pay rent to Moat on the remaining share, otherwise know as part buy part rent. For example, you may buy a 25% share in one of our new homes and pay subsidised rent to Moat on the remaining 75% (plus service charge). Staircasing gives you the option to increase your shares  until you own the property outright.

What are the benefits of shared ownership?

You own as much of your home as you can afford and you can buy a larger share if and when you’re able to, through a process called staircasing. Compared to renting, your monthly mortgage plus rent can work out less and of course you have something to show for it, as you own a part of your home. Compared to outright sale, you'll need less in savings as you'll be putting down a deposit on a share of the property.​

Is shared ownership for me?

Shared ownership is designed for people who aren't able to afford a first home. You must not currently own a property and have a total household income of £80,000 or less. We recommend you have around £4,000 in savings to cover the costs involved in buying a new home and moving into it. Shared ownership offers an affordable route onto the property ladder.​

Homes and Communities Agency
Mayor Of London
Help To Buy
Shared Ownership Campaign