Shared Ownership Ashford


A collection of one, two & three bedroom shared ownership houses & apartments for sale in Ashford, Kent

Leading the race to becoming the fastest growing town in the South East, Ashford in Kent is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for all the splendour of Kent while still being a few stops from central London. Ashford combines the scenic nature of the Kent countryside with an unbeatable transport system in and out of the London buzz, so if you simply can’t decide which pace of life you prefer, not to worry! Ashford has you covered on all fronts. 

Village Life for the London Commuter

While London is less than a 40 minute ride on the HS1 Connection, Ashford also offers village life and all its charm to feed the hungriest of souls here in the South East. A home in Ashvine park isocated in the heart of Canterbury in Kent, this beautiful development is closely situated to everything needed for a modern lifestyle, including Canterbury East and Canterbury West train stations, Whitefriars shopping centre and a variety of bars, pubs and restaurants nearby. Both Canterbury train stations provide excellent links into central London, and seaside towns Whitstable and Herne Bay are just a short drive away. Ashford is so much more than simply a smart move for the commuter. Think farmers’ markets, views of rolling meadows and cosy country pubs and you’ll find yourself far removed from the capital in the wonderfully picturesque villages of Ashford.

A haven for family fun 

If it isn’t the high ranking schools, eclectic collection of parks and nearly 50 acres of open space across the town that have you considering Ashford as a home for your little ones, it’s the unmissable offer of weekend family time that Ashford has up its sleeve.

Ticking the boxes for the contemporary 

If you’re not already captivated by the collection of castles, the proximity to the sea or the breathtaking North Downs at your doorstep, a home in Ashford caters for the modern investment-seeking professional, with all the contemporary benefits of London suburban living. With a trendy town centre, in keeping with the Jacobean architecture - showcasing the likes of Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren and Hugo Boss - spots of shopping and a plethora of eatings offer tempting treats on the Ashford High street. 

Properties for Sale in Ashford

The seamless connections Ashford offers from London life to the 30 minute drive to the beach, is modern living at its best. 

These stunning shared ownership homes are fully fitted with everything needed for modern life, including: fully fitted kitchen, modern appliances and bathrooms, tranquil gardens and parking space.

And with shared ownership offering excellent opportunities for first time buyers in the South East, now’s the perfect time to get on the property ladder on the outskirts of the metropolis.

For shared ownership properties in the wider Kent area, please see our page shared ownership Kent.


Shared ownership & part buy, part rent in Ashford explained

Otherwise know as part buy part rent, buying a Moat Shared Ownership home is a way that you are able to own a share of your new home yourself. You then pay rent to Moat on the remaining share, . For example, perhaps you are interested in a particular property and buy a 25% share in one of our new homes and pay subsidised rent to Moat on the remaining 75% (plus service charge). Using a method called "Staircasing" you are then given the choice to increase your ownership shares until you own the property in full.

Shared ownership in Ashford benefits

With shared ownership you own a portion of your home, this is the part you own. Through a process called staircasing you can then buy a larger share when and if you are able to do so. Your monthly payment (mortgage) plus your rent can work out a lot less compare to renting alone and because you will eventually own your home it is more benefitial too. You are able to put down a smaller deposit which means you need less money saved upfront.

How do I know a shared ownership property in Ashord is for me?

Home ownership is expensive and shared ownership has been designed with people who are not able to afford their first home to get onto the property ladder. In order to qualify you should not currently be a home owner and you should not have a total household income of less than £80,000. Our recommendation is that you have about £4,000 saved in order to cover the inevitable costs of home buying and the moving fees associated with this. 

Homes and Communities Agency
Mayor Of London